Thursday, May 07, 2015

Heuer Autavia 11630 Argentinian Air Force

Just bought an new project watch. It's an Heuer Autavia 11630 special made for the Argentinian Airforce ( or AAF ). The watch once belonged to P. Gavin: http://www.heuerworld.com/_photo_8749156.html

I like rough and original military watches but I don't like Autavia's with a bad case polish and badly painted hands. So I decided to give this fabulous and very rare watch a new start in life. It's getting a freshly ( by Abel Court ) refurbished 11630 case, NOS hands I found in Switzerland and an almost NOS MH bezel I found in my stock. Movement will be serviced by a watchmaker in the UK and the dial will be relumed by James Hyman. Dial will also need some touching up beneath the 7 o'clock marker.

Here some "before" pictures and a picture of the donor case. I will post the "after" pictures once the watch is finished.





No comments:

Post a Comment