Saturday, March 21, 2015

Another great Omega Flightmaster, ref. 145.036

A while ago I posted a great Omega Flightmaster ref. 145.026 "special request". I couldn't keep that watch, every time I had it on my wrist people offered me crazy money for it. I finally sold it to a former and retired Sabena pilot. That guy was so in love with the watch I could not resist any longer.

So I started looking for another one, couldn't find a good "special request", so I took this ref. 145.036 with orange needles instead of the yellow. The watch just looks amazing with the original upper case graining fully intact. The chrono pushers lost their orange/red colour on top, so I'll have those replaced by some NOS pushers Ernest Westphal is selling on his great website ( www.watchparts24.de ). The good thing about Omega is that tracing spare parts is really easy and not expensive at all. The bad thing is that their watches are just so ugly! just kidding my friends, Omega made some superb watches in the past. Even some modern Omega's are not bad at all. We can't say the same about Tag Heuer, Rolex, IWC and some other renowned brands. Btw, Jean-Claude Biver needs to get Tag Heuer back on track! What a joke, the guy really has no clue, believe me. Buying any Tag Heuer today is just a waste of money. Just my opinion.

Anyway, here it is, what a beauty, you'll have to agree. The chrono hand is bright orange in real ( flash made it yellow ).


No comments:

Post a Comment